Ministry of Defense Advisors (MoDA) Program
Is the MoDA Program your next challenge? Are you:
- • A Defense Senior Executive or GS-13/14/15 civilian?
- • Energized by a fast paced environment?
- • Excited by the opportunity to share your leadership skills with a foreign counterpart?
- • Looking for the challenge of a lifetime?
- • Able to spend a year or more away from your comfortable home environment?
The Ministry of Defense Advisors (MoDA) Program is designed to forge long-term relationships that strengthen a partner state's defense ministry. The program matches senior Department of Defense (DoD) civilians with foreign counterparts in similar defense specialties. Ultimately, the MoDA program helps partners build core competencies that support effective and accountable defense ministries. We are currently filling MoDA assignments to Afghanistan.
Areas of advisor expertise include:
- • Defense Policy and Strategy
- • Force Planning and Resource Allocation
- • Personnel and Readiness Management
- • Civil-Military and Interagency Operations
- • Doctrine, Training, and Education
- • Acquisitions and Procurement
- • Logistics
- • Health Care Administration
- • Information Technology
Ministry of Defense Advisors are Senior Executives and civilians currently at the pay grade of GS-13 to GS-15, with relevant Office of the Secretary of Defense or Joint Staff experience. They serve between one and two years in the partner country, under the command of the Senior Defense Official in country or a U.S. operational commander. Prior to departure, each advisor receives 7 weeks of pre-deployment training. The program funds temporary backfills for parent organizations during the deployment, and advisors return to their previous offices at the conclusion of the overseas assignment. Note: These are temporary duty assignments and are not promotional. Advisors remain attached to their current organizations and will deploy at the same pay grade that they currently hold.
Interested in learning more?
Follow this link: http://www.cpms.osd.mil/expeditionary/cew-career.aspx?jFil=3  or contact the MoDA Program Office for additional information at RSS.MoDAProgramInfo@osd.mil .